- To be the policy contact body of all City Chambers in Oyo State with the Government of Oyo State
- To promote, protect and develop all matters affecting Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture in Oyo State, within the laws governing the State and the Federation
- To promote, support, oppose or propose legislative or other measures affecting aforesaid interests in Oyo State
- To organize Trade Fairs and Exhibitions privately or jointly with the Oyo State Government or any other organization with similar objects.
- To organize Trade Missions, Economic Summits, Seminars, Workshops, conferences etc on Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture.
- To promote cooperation among the City Chambers in Nigeria.
- To subscribe to and promote the aims and objects of any Society or Association having objects similar to all or any of the objects of the Council and to encourage and support any Society, Association or Movement for the improvement of Commercial and Industrial Law.
- To represent, as the apex voice, other Organizations that constitute the Organized Private Sector in Oyo State on issues of Trade and Commerce.
- To represent as the apex Organization, its constituent members’ positions on all matters affecting Commerce, Industry, Mines Agriculture and Business in general, in Oyo State WITHOUT PREJUDICE to the rights of members/City Chamber of Commerce to interface with Oyo State Government and its agencies on certain urgent issues of peculiar interest to its locality or its organization.
- To purchase, take, exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any property real or personal and any rights or privileges, which may be necessary or convenient for any of the purposes of the Association.
- To construct, alter and maintain any building required for the purpose of Association.
- To sell, improve, manage, lease, mortgage, dispose of, convert, account for or otherwise deal with any part of the property of the Association to enhance the objects of the Association.
- To invest the money of OYCCIMA not immediately required on deposit or securities and on such terms or otherwise in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
- To borrow any money required by OYCCIMA for purposes approved by the Council.
- To employ staff/officers on terms as to remuneration, provision for retirement and otherwise as may be necessary or convenient for any of the aforesaid objects.
- To collect and disseminate economic statistical data and any other information relating to Commerce, Shipping, Manufacturing, Mines and Agriculture and to print or publish in any newspapers, periodicals, books, leaflets, electronically and in any other means that OYCCIMA may think desirable for the promotion of its interest.
- To do any other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of above objects.
- To encourage city Chambers to sustain their membership of Nigeria Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA).